Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Myth Busters Edition: Run Club Style

Myth Busters Edition: Run Club Style

1) Is Running in the Cold Bad for Your Lungs?
http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/Is-Running-in-the-Cold-Bad-for-Your-Lungs.htm?cmp=306&memberid=106609480&lyrisid=21444842
Myth: Busted. If you have a pre-existing condition such as asthma or a respiratory infection, you could be more susceptible. BUT to the normal runner-if you use common sense and dress appropriately, you will be fine. Check out this link above for more details.

2) Not Just Anyone Can Complete a Marathon (26.2mi)
http://www.active.com/running/Articles/6-Steps-for-the-First-Time-Marathoner.htm
Myth: Busted. There are some great beginner training plans out there to help get from start to finish. There is also a walker's division in most races. Don't let the the number scare you. Start smaller at a half-marathon and build your confidence! You would be surprised of what you are capable of accomplishing.


Other News
Shirts-The artwork for the shirts was approved this morning so they are going to print. I will send out updates as soon as I know. Thanks for being patient.













Monday Track Workout-This past Monday at 6pm-Greg, myself, Miranda, and Louis did a modified track workout in the Kent rec center. If blizzard like conditions are taking place..Maybe this should be the alternative? Thoughts??

Today's run is at 6pm-meeting at the student center as usual.
If you want to help distribute flyers-let me know, we have lots printed!

I do apologize I personally will not be able to run at 6pm this evening-I will be at Ohio Indoor Cycling and Friday 3pm I will be out of town at that time. If anyone would like to fun Friday morning-let me know. Probably an easy 6 or so miles.

Saturday's Trail Run-the info and location is a post or two back. I will be there on Saturday and running easy for a 15k trail race this Sunday.

Happy Running!
Sara

If you need to contact me-sharpe1@kent.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment